Produce Exchange (1878 - 1984)
"The Produce Exchange Building, at Madison Avenue and St. Clair Street, built in 1878 and demolished in 1984. Fresh from assisting in the rebuilding of Chicago's Board of Trade, C. C. Miller was commissioned to design Toledo's Produce Exchange Building. By the standards of the 1878, the building was extremely simple with decoration at the cornices and the "triumphal arch" inspired entrances. The simplicity of the recessed pairs of windows created a strong vertical emphasis balanced by horizontal bands between floors. The design reflected the work of William LeBaron Jenny, a pioneer in the development of office buildings and the "Chicago School" of architecture. Later known as the Lamb Building, it was unsympathetically refaced with colored panels in the 1960s."
"Toledo a History in Architecture, 1835-1890" by William D. Speck