Mills, Rhines, Bellman and Nordhoff: Eleanor A. Searles Property, Lucas County, Ohio

aalh_arch_mills_rhines_bellman_nordhoff_searles_property_survey_lucas_county_ohio.jpg

Dublin Core

Title

Mills, Rhines, Bellman and Nordhoff: Eleanor A. Searles Property, Lucas County, Ohio

Description

A map traced from an original source by M.C. Commerford of Mills, Rhines, Bellman and Nordhoff architectural firm of Toledo, Ohio. The area was originally surveyed in 1903 by Toledo civil engineering firm, Oakley and Tonson. In 1919, Mills, Rhines, Bellman and Nordhoff were commissioned for project number 2555, which included replicating that survey. The drawing is black ink on linen. Two streets are identified on the map running east to west: Dorr Street and Bancroft Street. Using plat maps relevant to the time the map was created, the two streets running north to south have been identified as Secor Road and Douglas Road. This area would later become the grounds of the University of Toledo.

Citation

“Mills, Rhines, Bellman and Nordhoff: Eleanor A. Searles Property, Lucas County, Ohio,” Toledo Lucas County Public Library, accessed November 26, 2022, https://tlcplarchitecture.omeka.net/items/show/66.

Geolocation