Britsch and Munger: 46 Birckhead Place, Toledo, Ohio

aalh_arch_britsch_munger_46_birckhead_place_toledo_ohio_01.jpg

Dublin Core

Title

Britsch and Munger: 46 Birckhead Place, Toledo, Ohio

Description

Architectural drawings of alterations to a residence commissioned by the Sisters of Saint Francis to their Sisters House and designed by the Britsch and Munger architectural firm of Toledo, Ohio in 1947. The drawings are pencil on tissue paper, and include elevations and floorplans for the enclosure of an exterior porch, first floor plans that include the addition of a chapel and sacristy, as well as an alternate option layout on the first floor for the chapel and sacristy. Only the alterations to the porch were completed, while the addition of the chapel was never built. The commission number for this project is 898, and the H. J. Spieker Company is listed as the contractor. As of 2019 the house has not been demolished.

Citation

“Britsch and Munger: 46 Birckhead Place, Toledo, Ohio,” Toledo Lucas County Public Library, accessed September 26, 2022, https://tlcplarchitecture.omeka.net/items/show/101.

Geolocation